2009-08-16

it's okay to be easily distracted as you age



thanks jonathan for leading me here----wonderful reasoning on why i can't remember names and why you should ALWAYS read my blog and swim in my vast ocean of knowledge[beware the riptides; dispensed wisdom is always better after the first cocktail has settled into my system--i see you're a skeptic, eh? ask me after the third one, i'm sure i can convince you........]. as i tell my family....if ya want to know what happened yesterday ask me about it in a year...............



    from
    the page: "It may be that destractibility is not, in fact, a bad thing," said Shelley H. Carson, a psychology researcher at Harvard whose work was cited in the book. "It may increase the amount of information available to the conscious mind."
    "A broad attention span may enable older adults to ultimately know more about a situation and the indirect message of what's going on than their younger peers," Dr. Hasher said. "We believe that this characteristic may play a significant role in why we think of older people as wiser."

    "If older people are taking in more information from a situation, and they're then able to combine it with their comparatively greater store of general knowledge, they're going to have a nice advantage."




AND THIS IS A SHORT EXPLANATION of WHY I CAN NEVER STAY ON-TOPIC.........in my universe one thing leads to another, that to another, and around i go until eventually my mind returns to the first topic which i believe was [don't correct me if i'm wrong, cause i'll only argue and throw a hissy fit while laughing at your audacity of TRYING to change my mind] sex......