2010-04-27

please, if you are californiacrazy stay outta m'sippi

went to wally world today ... didn't want to but needed some things that i could only get there ... (beef jerky by the pound for ranger, but that was just one of the many) anyway ... got there, parked, got out, did what i had to do ... loaded my stuff, loaded ranger, got in, let the windows down, sunroof open and buckled up and looked behind me and started backing out ...

heard the rear backup do-ditty beep, put my foot on the brake....that's where the screeching began ... a woman with a grocery cart started shouting...
"you almost hit my child!!!"
did i hit your child?
"no, but you almost did."
i'm sorry, you need to hold his hand in a busy parking lot like this (was a kid of about 2 in the cart and one about 4 beside her)

she called me a bitch and told me to watch where i was going.... i got out to see if all were ok ... she was still shouting, got her phone out to call the police... i told her call the police but there's not a lot they can do in a private parking lot when nothing happened. went and got back in the car, pulled back into my space to await the police arrival.

she got the police and was still screaming into the phone... i got out to give her my name ...
"get away from me" again, with the screaming and screeching.

got about a buggy's length from her and told her my name, she told me to back out of her space ... i did not know that 4 feet from a person was considered invading personal space ... whatever.

manager had come outside at this time ... still screaming she gave her story ... i told him that as far as i knew everyone was okay except for the hysterics.

before the police got there i told her it would be wise if she got her cart (with the two yo) and her other child out of the driving area ...


she started screeching AGAIN.

when the officer arrived, she shouted her story ... he took her name and asked me what happened ... weird woman interrupted ... with shouting ... he told her to go shopping ...

she started shouting that we were prejudiced against her because she was from california ... seriously??? we had no idea where she was FROM ... maybe the loony bin .. but other than that she looked like any other nitwit... oh yeah, she was white, i'm a mutt, and the cop was black. and as she was leaving she started with derogatory statements about my disability.

after she left, we (manager, and then i) told the officer what had occurred ...

going in the morning before my dr's appointment to files charges for profanity, harassment, and i REAAHHLLY wish there was a law against stupid.