2010-04-29

secrets of men and women during successful relationships

my response to this article...Secrets Men Keep - Men Secrets - Redbook

bumped from march 2008

He stated he learned his "vital lesson" in the ninth grade. Women learn their lessons in the womb. I am able to post this with the knowledge my husband of 28 years will not see it--he hates technology. so don't burst his bubble in believing i am THE PERFECT WIFE. [ha]

Secret 1--we also fall in lust many times a day
Our peripheral vision is sooooo MUCH better and you never know because you are too busy TRYING to be sly about your lack of control.


Secret 2--you golf, fish, hunt--we actually watch soaps, do lunch with friends - you get the pic - to get away from you
I love to fish and to golf--but can't get away from men when I do these activities. Females instinctively know males will not like tea parties or playing with baby dolls at an extremely young age. It is only natural that this expands as we get older. Soaps are stupid, and lunch with friends is boring - most of the time it's just bitches bitchin' about men - most of the time.


Secret 3--we're unnerved by the notion of commitment
No shit Sherlock, who isn't? I mean come on - any one who is not frightened by a thirty year mortgage is planning on skipping out in two years.


Secret 4--earning money makes us feel important
Of course this is true, we just don't mind spending yours with reckless abandon.


Secret 5--women do enjoy fixing things around the house-
BUT it emasculates when we do fix things quite well without a man's help. My son brought home a table saw, jig saw, router, and a few other wonderful tools for him and his dad to use. They sat the tools up and for 2 months the tools remained with the cover and tags still in place. I got out there and began playing with these fantastic devices, making shelves, laying molding that had been sitting around since 1998-this was 2006- and just having a great time. Home Depot had become my new fantasy store. Well, after 6 months I woke up to find all the wonderful tools had been taken apart and hidden from my view. It seems I broke THE cardinal rule - don't let men know you like power tools. It emasculates men--even your offspring.


Secret 6--we know you will become your father--
that's why it's important to like your father-in-law.


Secret 7--every year we love you more
Do you really think after 30 years in a relationship I still enjoy playing 'cheerleader' to your 'hero'--come on it's just the garbage you're taking to the road.


Secret 8--we really don't understand what you're talking about and don't care to learn--
we're just better actors Do you really believe I am enthralled about the touchdown reception you made in 1970 during a high school playoff game, or even about the great shot on the 17th green, better yet, why do I care which tree the deer came from behind when you can't remember what isle the coffee is on at WalMart?


Secret 9--we are terrified when you drive
I don't bite my nails because they taste good.


Secret 10--we'll always wish we were 34 again
Well for women it's 34, men always finish first. 34 is a good age, all body parts are still in place and you believe you have a firm grip on the world


Secret 11 -- give an inch, we'll give a lifetime of commitment ...
ok, i want more than an inch ;)