2010-12-01

patience

as i was pouring my last cup of coffee from a french press i was reminded of the priceless value of patience... the best moments of life require patience, resilience, and recognition....



first up on the itunes this morn was 'someday never comes' by ccr..... while we may not remember complete days, we do remember moments.... 'someday' may never come... some moments do --- do you recognize those moments for the nirvana held within?



the first time your baby smiles ... just for you, a lover's embrace that took 30 years to create, hugging a friend, a gorgeous sunset, a breathtaking sunrise, warm silk, that euphoric moment of orgasm.... and most importantly --- grandchildren.



everything precious comes with a price.... sometimes that price is as simple as patience and breathing... taking one day at a time -- recognizing and enjoying the moments of peace and tranquility when they occur... and thanking the Creator for another chance at a new day.



soooo, as i enjoy this last cup of coffee... allowed to steep while i was enjoying the first two cups... i wish for you a smile.... and the opportunity to recognize the moments in your life of contentment and peace --- don't let the world intrude as you truly enjoy each small moment of happiness.

First thing I remember was askin' papa, "Why?", For there were many things I didn't know. And Daddy always smiled; took me by the hand, Sayin', "Someday you'll understand."

Well, I'm here to tell you now each and ev'ry mother's son You better learn it fast; you better learn it young, 'Cause, "Someday" Never Comes."

Well, time and tears went by and I collected dust, For there were many things I didn't know. When Daddy went away, he said, "Try to be a man, And, Someday you'll understand."

 And then, one day in April, I wasn't even there, For there were many things I didn't know. A son was born to me; Mama held his hand, Sayin' "Someday you'll understand."

 Think it was September, the year I went away, For there were many things I didn't know. And I still see him standing, try'n' to be a man; I said, "Someday you'll understand."



Well, I'm here to tell you now each and ev'ry mother's son You better learn it fast; you better learn it young, 'Cause, "Someday" Never Comes."