2009-09-29

intervention for internet - 2008 march

weeeelll, it happened....my family has officially gone off the deep end.....
a few evenings ago valorie, our daughter-age 25, walked out on the porch where i was sitting with my laptop and took it from me; following her was my husband, tom, and our son ty,27, along with my 5 year old grandson, gavin.
they all sat down and looked at me....i removed my glasses and blinked back at them ... it was dark and i'd been staring at the computer screen for a bit...

"mom," began ty, "this is an intervention." i immediately reached for my budlight and hugged it to my chest...if they thought i was going to let go of my beer, weeeelll, they were sadly mistaken. tom stopped me, "no honey, it's not the beer." whew, what a relief and i lunged for my djarum's and lighter........ val smiled and said, "you can keep your djarum's also, that's not the problem, either." i bolted out of my rocker and headed for the back door to go inside and grab my meds....i'll be damn if they were taking my ultram ... and paxil and allegra and and celebrex and zanaflex.....oxycontin i gave up on my own...but dammit, taking my ultram is just tooooooo much....this is where i draw the line..............

"MEMA!!!!," gavin shouted as i knocked him to the floor...."you're spending too much time on the computer!!"

oooooohhhhh, so that's the reason for the intervention; my *addiction* to su bothers them ,... hmmmmmm. before i *found* su in december 2007, i was constantly told, "i hear ya mom", "okay, mema, i hear ya," "it's alright honey, i heard ya the first time."

AND NOW, they are telling me i don't TALK TO THEM ENOUGH.......... geeeeezzzz, damn if i do, damn if i don't ; i bet they'd also complain if i tied 'em up and beat 'em with a new rope....

25 jul 2008:
i showed them , i went a whole week without stumbling more than 30 minutes a day [okay wasn't voluntary] .... because my dsl was messed up and i had to go to the library to use internet ... so maybe it wasn't voluntary, but it was a feat of super-human strength and endurance ... by the time i got back online at the house .... the whole family was much happier that i was on the pc once again.